Professor Dr. Sayeeda Anwar graduated from Chittagong Medical College, Chittagong in January 1987. She joined in government service after 8th BCS in 1989 in Chittagong Colonel Hat urban dispensary as Medical officer. After one and half year she deputed to past PG hospital as FCPS part I student after one year of course she passed FCPS part I in Paediatrics in January 1993. Then she transferred to past PG hospital as Assistant Registrar for 2 year (1994-1995). Then She was deputed again in Past PG hospital as a student of FCPS part II Paediatrics student After passing FCPS II She joined as Registrar Sir Salimullah Medical College Dhaka. After one year She Worked as junior Consultant in Shaheed Suhawardy Medical College and hospital . After doing PSC she joined as Assistant Professor Paediatrics in Dhaka Medical College & Hospital in January 1999. She was promoted to Associate Professor, Paediatrics in 2005 and Professor, Paediatrics in 2013 at Dhaka Medical College & Hospital respectively.
Her significant contribution to Dhaka Medical College Hospital:
· She launched the first and only pediatric corona unit in Bangladesh
· She started the first government pediatric ICU and provided free medical care to critically ill children
· She established a pediatric hemodialysis unit To provide services to children with severe kidney disease
· She Launched HDU unit to provide better quality treatment to children
· To detect complex diseases in children, She launched video endoscopy, colonoscopy, Bronchoscopy machines in Paediatric department
· She launched the Diabetes Center for Diabetic Children in the Paediatric Outpatient Department
She has publications and research articles in national and international journals.